Hey guys, guess what?
Its finally summer!
Man, that was probably the longest winter I’ve seen in 14 years of living in Canada. Thankfully we got back from our trip down South and it was HAWT. I got home and opened a window for the first time in what felt like 10 years of winter.
Freezing cold winter and boiling hot summer, that’s how the weather rolls here in the big North. And I don’t know about you but the last thing I want to do when its 40 degrees outside is turn on the stove or the oven.
Enter no-cook breakfasts.
Creamy chia seed pudding topped with chewy buckwheat, sweet banana, and crunchy cacao nibs. Stove who?
Raw Breakfast Bowl
Inspired by Angela’s Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl
Chia pudding base:
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca root powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat groats, soaked
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp shredded dried coconut (I used Let’s do Organic)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp raw shelled hemp seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk the ingredients for the chia pudding together and set aside to thicken overnight.
- In another bowl, place the raw buckwheat groats and add enough filtered water to cover completely. Allow to soak overnight.
- In the morning, drain and rinse buckwheat groats and layer them on top of the chia pudding. Top with your sliced banana, shredded coconut, cacao nibs, and hemp seeds.
- Grab a spoon and dig in!
This breakfast is super filling thanks to the 17 g of protein, whole grain carbs, and healthy fats. It is also vegan and properly food combined, if that’s important to you. Either way, it is delicious, nutritious, and totally energizing!
And you didn’t even have to turn on your stove. You’re welcome.